In the fashion industry, the demand for technical fashion creators is very high. The profession is considered a fast growing field.
The course includes all the technical fashion areas (pattern making and enlargement). It focuses on different design techniques, from the conception of the garment until its finalized creation focusing on details and high quality sewing.
The students choose designs and learn how to discover all the possibilities of turning a design from 2D to 3D. Personal style and aesthetics are developed through different constructive methods, such as cutting and sewing. Students get familiar with the use of all the necessary mechanical equipment for clothing construction and their safe and proper use.
The syllabus is based on the exclusive Italian system of PANSiK that excludes geometry.
This program exclusively offers students:
- PANSiK books (in Greek) that include a design book, a pattern making book and fabric theory.
- An innovative electronic pattern program with adobe Illustrator exclusively at PANSiK.
- Additional seminars that are offered free of charge (ex 3d printing, origami techniques, Japanese costume)
- Field trips in cultural spaces , shows, museums and showrooms
- Fashion meetings and creative discussions with well established and well known professionals from the Greek and global fashion, art and media market .
- -Sketching techniques
- -Pattern making
- -Haute couture techniques
- -Fabric theory
- -Fashion illustration